See present and past winners here
Books published and available for sale starting Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2019 are eligible for 2020 awards.
(click here for printable version)
2020 NCPA Book Awards Competition
(for books published in 2019)
Books will be accepted in the following categories:
Rules, Regulations, and Fee Schedule
Please send your books -- and, if applicable, fees and forms -- to the following address:
NCPA Book Awards Coordinator
P.O. Box 214673
Sacramento, CA 95821
Other Rules & Information
1. The "publisher" is defined as the person or company who owns the ISBN.
2. An author may enter his or her own book.
3. Judges are drawn from NCPA’s membership, the community, publishing professionals, and the media.
4. No judge may submit works for consideration.
1. Categories not having any entries will not be part of the year’s awards.
2. Winners are determined at the sole discretion of the judges, based on NCPA policy, publishing merit, and literary merit.
1. First, second, and third place awards may be awarded in each general book category.
2. The judges may award “honorable mention” certificates at their discretion.
1. Winners will be announced at the awards celebration and annual NCPA banquet,
scheduled for April 26, 2020.
2. Winners will be announced in general press releases sent to Northern California media.
3. Winners will each receive a plaque/trophy.
4. Winners will receive labels that they may use on their book covers. They will also receive, via email, a digital file of the award label artwork to incorporate into their book covers, should they wish to do so.
5. Winners may use supplied label art in their marketing/promotional materials. Past winners have successfully used their NCPA awards to obtain media interest and increase sales.
6. Winners will be featured on the NCPA website.
Click here for 2020 entry form
Print and mail completed form with your books, or email form to:
Each entry fee includes 1 dinner reservation at the Awards Banquet
To pay entry fee:
You may submit a check / cash with your entry form and books.
If you wish to pay by credit card, please use PayPal option below.
If you pay online, you must still turn in an entry form and submit your books.
For credit card payment (via PayPal; $2 fee added for online payments): Remember your award entry includes one ticket to the awards banquet. Additional tickets are $30 here.
1 year NCPA membership is only $40. If you wish to pay the discounted entry fee for members, you may purchase a membership here.